Email email@example.com to sign up.
This 8-week course is designed specifically for students ages 7 to 12 who have no prior coding experience.
We will start with the basics (how to run your first line of code) and progress to writing functions, reading simple documentation, and building a game.
- Present coding as something doable, usable, and fun.
- Introduce students to the foundational coding concepts in a robust, language-agnostic way.
- Give students the tools needed to work independently on a game of their own design.
- Introduce basic problem solving skills and thinking habits:
- Slowing down and working one step at a time
- Asking questions and running experiments to find answers for yourself
- Precise and unambiguous communication
- Identifying all of the tools and information you have
- Identifying the tools and information you need, but don't have
- Asking: is this similar to something I’ve seen before?
- $50 per week for 8 weeks ($400 total)
- Weekly 1:1 lessons, 60 minutes each
- Weekly self-guided exercises to introduce and reinforce key concepts (often without code)
- What is Coding?
- Basic Data Types: Numbers, Strings, Boolean Values
- Variables, Functions, and Modularization
- Boolean Logic: If Statements
- Basic Game Development Tools
- We will run code using replit.com — a free tool that makes setup simple